You are here
Assistant Professor of Civil and Environmental Engineering
Johann Guilleminot joined Duke on July 1, 2017, as an assistant professor of civil and environmental engineering.
Prior to that, he was an assistant professor in the Multiscale Modeling and Simulation Laboratory at Université Paris-Est in France, and held a visiting assistant professor position in the Duke Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering.
He earned an MS (2005) and PhD (2008) in Theoretical Mechanics from the University of Lille 1 – Science and Technology (France), and received his Habilitation (2014) in Mechanics from Université Paris-Est. Habilitation is the highest academic degree in France.
Dr. Guilleminot’s research focuses on uncertainty quantification, computational mechanics and materials science, as well as on topics at the interface between these fields. He is particularly interested in the multiscale analysis of linear/nonlinear heterogeneous materials (including biological and engineered ones), homogenization theory, statistical inverse problems and stochastic modeling with applications for computational science and engineering.
Appointments and Affiliations
- Assistant Professor of Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Assistant Professor in the Department of Mechanical Engineering and Materials Science
- Office Location: 172 Hudson Hall, Box 90287, Durham, NC 27708
- Office Phone: (919) 684-3537
- Email Address: email@example.com
- Ph.D. Lille University of Science and Technology (France), 2008
- M.S. Lille University of Science and Technology (France), 2005
- CEE 690: Advanced Topics in Civil and Environmental Engineering
- EGR 201L: Mechanics of Solids
In the News:
- Johann Guilleminot: Accounting for Variabilities That Matter (Nov 7, 2017 | Pratt School of Engineering )
- Accounting for Variabilities That Matter (Oct 11, 2016)
- Staber, B; Guilleminot, J, Stochastic modeling and generation of random fields of elasticity tensors: A unified information-theoretic approach, Comptes Rendus Mecanique, vol 345 no. 6 (2017), pp. 399-416 [10.1016/j.crme.2017.05.001] [abs].
- Staber, B; Guilleminot, J, Stochastic modeling of the Ogden class of stored energy functions for hyperelastic materials: the compressible case, Zamm-Zeitschrift Fuer Angewandte Mathematik Und Mechanik, vol 97 no. 3 (2017), pp. 273-295 [10.1002/zamm.201500255] [abs].
- Staber, B; Guilleminot, J, Stochastic hyperelastic constitutive laws and identification procedure for soft biological tissues with intrinsic variability., Journal of the Mechanical Behavior of Biomedical Materials, vol 65 (2017), pp. 743-752 [10.1016/j.jmbbm.2016.09.022] [abs].
- Staber, B; Guilleminot, J, Functional approximation and projection of stored energy functions in computational homogenization of hyperelastic materials: A probabilistic perspective, Computer Methods in Applied Mechanics and Engineering, vol 313 (2017), pp. 1-27 [10.1016/j.cma.2016.09.019] [abs].
- Le, T; Guilleminot, J; Soize, C, Stochastic continuum modeling of random interphases from atomistic simulations. Application to a polymer nanocomposite, Computer Methods in Applied Mechanics and Engineering, vol 303 (2016), pp. 430-449 [10.1016/j.cma.2015.10.006] [abs].
- Guilleminot, J; Soize, C, Itô SDE--based Generator for a Class of Non-Gaussian Vector-valued Random Fields in Uncertainty Quantification, Siam Journal on Scientific Computing, vol 36 no. 6 (2014), pp. A2763-A2786 [10.1137/130948586] [abs].