Stephen W. Teitsworth
Associate Professor of Physics
Prof. Stephen W. Teitsworth's research centers on experimental, computational, and theoretical studies of deterministic and stochastic nonlinear electronic transport in nanoscale systems. Three particular areas of current interest are: 1) stochastic nonlinear electronic transport phenomena in semiconductor superlattices and tunnel diode arrays; 2) complex bifurcations associated with the deterministic dynamics of electronic transport in negative differential resistance systems; and 3) strategies for stabilizing negative differential resistance systems against the formation of space-charge waves.
Appointments and Affiliations
- Associate Professor of Physics
- Director of Graduate Studies in the Department of Physics
- Office Location: 089 Physics Bldg, Durham, NC 27708
- Office Phone: (919) 660-2560
- Email Address: email@example.com
- Ph.D. Harvard University, 1986
Awards, Honors, and Distinctions:
- Traditional Fulbright Scholarship. Council for International Exchange of Scholars. 1999
- PHYSICS 131K: Frontiers of 21st Century Physics
- PHYSICS 131S-1: Introductory Seminar on Big Questions in Physics
- PHYSICS 137S: Energy in the 21st Century and Beyond
- PHYSICS 493: Research Independent Study
- PHYSICS 495: Thesis Independent Study
- PHYSICS 762: Electrodynamics
- PHYSICS 791: SPECIAL READINGS
- Ghanta, A; Neu, JC; Teitsworth, S, Fluctuation loops in noise-driven linear dynamical systems, Physical review. E, vol 95 no. 3 (2017) [10.1103/PhysRevE.95.032128] [abs].
- Dannenberg, PH; Neu, JC; Teitsworth, SW, Steering most probable escape paths by varying relative noise intensities., Physical Review Letters, vol 113 no. 2 (2014) [10.1103/physrevlett.113.020601] [abs].
- Bomze, Y; Hey, R; Grahn, HT; Teitsworth, SW, Noise-induced current switching in semiconductor superlattices: observation of nonexponential kinetics in a high-dimensional system., Physical Review Letters, vol 109 no. 2 (2012) [10.1103/PhysRevLett.109.026801] [abs].
- Bomze, Y; Hey, R; Grahn, HT; Teitsworth, SW, Noise-Induced Current Switching in Semiconductor Superlattices: Observation of Nonexponential Kinetics in a High-Dimensional System, Physical Review Letters, vol 109 no. 026801 (2012) [abs].
- Bonilla, LL; Teitsworth, SW, Nonlinear Wave Methods for Charge Transport, Nonlinear Wave Methods for Charge Transport (2010) [10.1002/9783527628674] [abs].