Nan Marie Jokerst
J. A. Jones Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering in the Edmund T. Pratt, Jr. School of Engineering
Dr. Nan Marie Jokerst is the J. A. Jones Distinguished Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering at Duke University, and the Executive Director of the Duke Shared Materials Instrumentation Facility, a Duke shared cleanroom and characterization facility. She received her BS in Physics from Creighton University in 1982, and her MS and PhD in Electrical Engineering from the University of Southern California in 1984 and 1989, respectively. She is a Fellow of the IEEE, and has served as an elected member of the IEEE LEOS Board of Governors, and as the VP for Conferences and as the VP Technical Affairs. She is a Fellow of the Optical Society of America, and has served as Chair of the OSA Engineering Council. Her awards include an NSF Presidential Young Investigator Award, an IEEE Third Millenium Medal, the IEEE/HP Harriet B. Rigas Medal, and the Alumni in Academia Award for the University of Southern California Viterbi School of Engineering. She currently serves on the National Academies Board on Global Science and Technology. She has published over 200 refereed journal and conference publications, and has 6 patents.
Appointments and Affiliations
- J. A. Jones Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering in the Edmund T. Pratt, Jr. School of Engineering
- Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Associate Dean for Strategic Initiatives in the Pratt School of Engineering
- Faculty Network Member of The Energy Initiative
- Office Location: Fciemas 3589, Durham, NC 27708
- Office Phone: (919) 660-5503
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ph.D. University of Southern California, 1989
- M.S.E.E. University of Southern California, 1984
- B.S. Creighton University, 1982
Awards, Honors, and Distinctions:
- Fellows. Institute for Electrical and Electronics Engineers. 2003
- Fellows. Optical Society of America. 2001
- ECE 340L: Optics and Photonics
- ECE 449: Sensors and Sensor Interface Design
- ECE 899: Special Readings in Electrical Engineering
- PHYSICS 320L: Optics and Photonics
- VMS 325L: Optics and Photonics
In the News:
- Nurturing the Nanotech Maker in Us All (Sep 17, 2017 | Pratt School of Engineering )
- Academic Council Chair Looks Ahead to a Year of Strategic Plans, Equity and Diversity Studies (Sep 24, 2015)
- A UNC/Duke/NCSU collaboration could lead to next nano eureka (Sep 18, 2015 | Triangle Business Journal )
- Duke part of NSF-funded network to help businesses, educators pursue nanotechnology innovation (Sep 17, 2015)
- Convocation Message to New Grad & Professional Students: Think Big, Reach Out, Lead On (Aug 20, 2015)
- Pratt Professor Nan Jokerst Elected Chair of the Academic Council (Feb 24, 2015)
- Discovery Could Lead to End of Sunburn Pain (Aug 5, 2013)
- Miller, DM; Jokerst, NM, Flexible silicon sensors for diffuse reflectance spectroscopy of tissue., Biomedical Optics Express, vol 8 no. 3 (2017), pp. 1512-1524 [10.1364/boe.8.001512] [abs].
- Nichols, BS; Llopis, A; Palmer, GM; McCachren, SS; Senlik, O; Miller, D; Brooke, MA; Jokerst, NM; Geradts, J; Greenup, R; Ramanujam, N, Miniature spectral imaging device for wide-field quantitative functional imaging of the morphological landscape of breast tumor margins., Journal of Biomedical Optics, vol 22 no. 2 (2017) [10.1117/1.jbo.22.2.026007] [abs].
- Senlik, O; Woods, C; Jokerst, NM, High pixel density concentric si spatially resolved diffuse reflectance probe: Wide absorption range phantom study, Proceedings of IEEE Sensors (2017) [10.1109/ICSENS.2016.7808487] [abs].
- LaRiviere, B; Jokerst, NM, Custom thin film Si photodiode arrays for endoscopic spatially resolved diffuse reflectance measurements, Optics InfoBase Conference Papers, vol Part F43-CLEO_AT 2017 (2017) [10.1364/CLEO_AT.2017.AW1A.3] [abs].
- Riviere, BL; Jokerst, NM, Concentric silicon thin film photodiode arrays for endoscopic spatially resolved diffuse reflectance spectroscopy, Optics InfoBase Conference Papers, vol Part F62-BODA 2017 (2017) [10.1364/BODA.2017.BoW4A.3] [abs].